Sunday, March 28, 2010
Intro
Well, I'm new to this whole blog thing, but I wanted a way to capture the everyday miracles that God has given us through our precious little baby boy, Glenn Logan Nalley. I can't believe Logan is already 14 weeks and 2 days old, yet I can barely remember my life without him. Every time I look at him, my heart just swells up, and I want to kiss him all over and hug him and never let go. I can't even begin to describe a mother's love with words; only another mother could begin to understand the overwhelming sense of love and protection that we feel towards our baby. The second I found out I was pregnant, I already had fallen in love with the little life growing inside me. I think the best feeling in the whole entire world is seeing him look me right in the eyes and give me the biggest grin ever, just for me, which is his only way right now of letting me know how much he loves me. His laugh also melts my heart! Zack and I love to watch him sleep. He stretches more than anyone I have ever seen, and he looks so adorable! He raises his eyebrows, while his eyes are still closed, and he stretches all over the place, all the while making so many different grunting sounds. We can't help but laugh every time we watch him. He gets so much enjoyment out of the simple things in life! He is such a happy baby. He only cries when he is wet or most especially, hungry, and boy can that little guy eat! Most nights he nurses for about 2 hours before bedtime. He is definitely starting to look like Mommy's chunky-monkey, but since he only gets breast milk, it's no big deal. I wish I had started this blog from the moment he was born, but I figure better late than never, right? He has had so many great adventures since he was born. Just this week, Zack and I took him to Rock City and the Tennessee Aquarium. It was amazing to me how attentive he was to all the animals and how he was able to track the fish with his eyes. He stayed awake the entire time at Rock City and only fell asleep the second half of our aquarium visit. So much more educational than any Baby Einstein video, although I must admit he loves those things!! Yesterday, Zack had Reserves training, so Logan and I went to Lake Hartwell to visit Kelly (his future Godmother) and her family. He went out on his first short boat ride, although he slept through most of it! Maddy (our Golden Retriever), on the other hand, couldn't sit still until the ride was over and she was finally able to go swimming! Another fun trip Logan took was to Helen, Georgia, when he was 6 weeks old. My parents also took me to Helen when I was the exact same age, so it was a special day trip for us as we continued the tradition. Today, Palm Sunday, Logan attended his first Mass. I've tried to take him several times, but something always came up, most notably he would spit up and need an outfit change, or he would have a leaky diaper, or he would demand to eat right then, and we couldn't leave on time. He has just recently found his thumb, and during mass, it was completely quiet when he started sucking away at his thumb. He was making such loud noises that a few people turned around to see what it was, and of course, they all smiled when they saw him contentedly sound asleep with his thumb in his mouth. I'll post some favorite pictures of his first three months soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment