Ashley and Zack- Married December 01, 2007

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Baptism

Well, the past week has been crazy hectic! Logan was baptized on Sunday, April 25th, 2010 at 12:00 noon. He looked absolutely precious in his little white baptism suit, cap and cross shoes. Although he didn't use it during the ceremony, since it was so hot inside, we did bring my white christening blanket, which created a very special touch. The ceremony was really special and intimate and took place in the Cathedral of Christ the King chapel. Father Kissel performed the sacrament, which was lovely considering he was also a co-officiant at our wedding. We chose one of my best friends and former bridesmaid Kelly Breymeier to be the godmother, and Richard Brandt, Zack's uncle and one of his former groomsmen, to be the godfather. I nursed Logan right up until the ceremony began, so he actually fell asleep for the entire thing! He was a perfect angel, and he didn't even wake up when Father Kissel poured water over his forehead (but he did twitch his face a little bit)! Almost all of Zack's mom's family attended, with the exception of Gina's family, and Zack's immediate family on his dad's side also came. I was really fortunate to have several family members fly down from New Jersey for the occasion- my first cousin once removed Tricia, my sister, niece and nephew, and my Nana. I was so happy that my Nana got to come down and meet her great-grandson. She has not been feeling well after her recent strokes, and I was so afraid that he might never get to meet her. I made sure to take lots of pictures, as well as some video, of the two of them together. After the ceremony, we had a wonderful party at my parent's house. There was all kinds of delicious food- smoked salmon dip, meatballs, spinach and artichoke dip, veggies and a greek taziki sauce, a cheese and ground turkey dip, a honey baked ham, turkey cranberry biscuits, delicious fresh strawberries, yummy brownies and of course, a cross baptism cake from Publix. Logan received all kinds of neat gifts, including the following personalized items: a bible, two picture frames, a photo album and a wooden cross. He also got tons of clothes, a stuffed animal, a digital picture frame, money for his college fund and several sweet cards (I saved them all). The little dude was so sweet the whole day, even though he missed his nap and is starting to teeth, and I'm sure his head was hurting from his terrible fall the afternoon before. We are so happy and proud of our little baptized baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment