Then this morning, when Zack gave me Logan so I could nurse him, I noticed Logan was gripping something tightly in his left hand, something that looked suspiciously like a Brighton jewelry bag! It took several minutes for Logan to actually loosen his grip and decide to give it to me. That boy is strong! I was so excited to discover a beautiful "MOM" necklace, which I had actually seen in their catalogue and admired. Thank you Baby Logan! Today was so perfect. I love being his mommy so much! Soon after, Zack went to Douglasville to spend time with his mom, and Logan and I met my parents at the club for a super yummy brunch. Of course, Logan decided he was hungry too, and so I nursed him while I ate for most of the meal. The club gave all mothers cute little baggies filled with a bar of expensive looking scented soap inside. Afterwards, we took some pictures outside overlooking the golf course. While I waited for Zack to get home, Logan, Mom, Maddy and I sat outside in the driveway, in the shade, simply enjoying the amazingly beautiful day, and later on, Logan napped in his stroller while I went on a peaceful one hour walk around the neighborhood. Walking with Logan and Maddy is one of the highlights of my day. When Zack came home, he had a gorgeous bouquet of sunflowers for me (my favorite flower), and tonight, he gave me a sweet card from Logan and from himself. Logan actually wrote in his card himself, since Zack put the pen in Logan's hand and guided him by holding onto his arm. I will save the cards for the rest of my life! For dinner, Zack made me one of my favs- grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, simple yet delicious! Today was such a special day. Being a mommy to Logan is the best thing I have ever done and my most amazing accomplishment. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful mom myself, and I hope I can as good a mom to Logan as she was and is to me. She taught me so much about the love between mother and child, and she has been a wonderful example for the kind of mother I want to be to Logan. My first Mother's Day was better than I could ever have imagined, and I am so lucky to have such a perfect little family! :)
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mother's Day Weekend
We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Yesterday (Saturday), we went to Ethan and Erin's baseball and softball games. The weather was really beautiful. It was nice and sunny yet breezy and not too hot. We stuck an umbrella on Logan's stroller and set him down on a blanket in the grass. He absolutely loved just chilling out on the blanket and looking around at everyone. Of course, he kept rolling over from his back to his stomach. At one point, he was laying half on his stomach and half on his side, peeking out from a small space underneath his stroller at some boys throwing the ball, when one of Jeff's friends noticed him "spying" on the kids and popped his head down on the other side of the stroller, surprising Logan, who laughed out loud and gave a huge grin of delight. Maybe you had to be there to appreciate the humor, but it was a pretty priceless moment.

Then this morning, when Zack gave me Logan so I could nurse him, I noticed Logan was gripping something tightly in his left hand, something that looked suspiciously like a Brighton jewelry bag! It took several minutes for Logan to actually loosen his grip and decide to give it to me. That boy is strong! I was so excited to discover a beautiful "MOM" necklace, which I had actually seen in their catalogue and admired. Thank you Baby Logan! Today was so perfect. I love being his mommy so much! Soon after, Zack went to Douglasville to spend time with his mom, and Logan and I met my parents at the club for a super yummy brunch. Of course, Logan decided he was hungry too, and so I nursed him while I ate for most of the meal. The club gave all mothers cute little baggies filled with a bar of expensive looking scented soap inside. Afterwards, we took some pictures outside overlooking the golf course. While I waited for Zack to get home, Logan, Mom, Maddy and I sat outside in the driveway, in the shade, simply enjoying the amazingly beautiful day, and later on, Logan napped in his stroller while I went on a peaceful one hour walk around the neighborhood. Walking with Logan and Maddy is one of the highlights of my day. When Zack came home, he had a gorgeous bouquet of sunflowers for me (my favorite flower), and tonight, he gave me a sweet card from Logan and from himself. Logan actually wrote in his card himself, since Zack put the pen in Logan's hand and guided him by holding onto his arm. I will save the cards for the rest of my life! For dinner, Zack made me one of my favs- grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, simple yet delicious! Today was such a special day. Being a mommy to Logan is the best thing I have ever done and my most amazing accomplishment. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful mom myself, and I hope I can as good a mom to Logan as she was and is to me. She taught me so much about the love between mother and child, and she has been a wonderful example for the kind of mother I want to be to Logan. My first Mother's Day was better than I could ever have imagined, and I am so lucky to have such a perfect little family! :)
Then this morning, when Zack gave me Logan so I could nurse him, I noticed Logan was gripping something tightly in his left hand, something that looked suspiciously like a Brighton jewelry bag! It took several minutes for Logan to actually loosen his grip and decide to give it to me. That boy is strong! I was so excited to discover a beautiful "MOM" necklace, which I had actually seen in their catalogue and admired. Thank you Baby Logan! Today was so perfect. I love being his mommy so much! Soon after, Zack went to Douglasville to spend time with his mom, and Logan and I met my parents at the club for a super yummy brunch. Of course, Logan decided he was hungry too, and so I nursed him while I ate for most of the meal. The club gave all mothers cute little baggies filled with a bar of expensive looking scented soap inside. Afterwards, we took some pictures outside overlooking the golf course. While I waited for Zack to get home, Logan, Mom, Maddy and I sat outside in the driveway, in the shade, simply enjoying the amazingly beautiful day, and later on, Logan napped in his stroller while I went on a peaceful one hour walk around the neighborhood. Walking with Logan and Maddy is one of the highlights of my day. When Zack came home, he had a gorgeous bouquet of sunflowers for me (my favorite flower), and tonight, he gave me a sweet card from Logan and from himself. Logan actually wrote in his card himself, since Zack put the pen in Logan's hand and guided him by holding onto his arm. I will save the cards for the rest of my life! For dinner, Zack made me one of my favs- grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, simple yet delicious! Today was such a special day. Being a mommy to Logan is the best thing I have ever done and my most amazing accomplishment. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful mom myself, and I hope I can as good a mom to Logan as she was and is to me. She taught me so much about the love between mother and child, and she has been a wonderful example for the kind of mother I want to be to Logan. My first Mother's Day was better than I could ever have imagined, and I am so lucky to have such a perfect little family! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment